Home > Spain > Bilbao Airport
About Nova Car Hire
With more than 500 car hire providers in our network of suppliers, Nova Car Hire is the online car hire broker that offers you the best availability and rates for more than 26,000 locations. We've been making renting a car cheaper and easier since 1997, so we know how to negotiate the best value for you.
Some 1.5 million customers have already discovered how cheap and painless it is to rent a car through Nova Car Hire. It only takes a few minutes for you to join them, so get an instant quote today.
About Car Hire at Bilbao Airport
Bilbao Airport is located 9 km north of Bilbao, in the municipality of Loiu, in Biscay. The most important airport in the Basque Country and northern Spain, it is renowned for the main terminal designed by Santiago Calatrava.
Routes recently launched from Bilbao Airport include Fuerteventura, Athens, and Marrakech.
When you land at Bilbao Airport, you will pass through the refurbished baggage reclaim hall on the ground floor of the passenger terminal building. From here, use the connecting gallery to the P1 general car park to access the car hire offices on the ground floor. Refer to your Nova Car Hire booking confirmation document for details of your car hire provider and its office's opening hours. A member of staff will direct you to your rental car.
Read our guide to driving in Spain.
Bilbao Car Hire - Top Attractions
- Guggenheim Museum: Celebrated as the most significant building of its age, Frank Gehry’s Guggenheim Museum Bilbao has transformed people's perceptions of museums. So far, it has staged more than 100 exhibitions and welcomed more than 10 million visitors.
- Teatro Arriaga Antzokia: This 19th-century theatre is an eclectic mix of architectural styles that stages world-class events in opera, theatre, dance, and music.
- Bilbao Fine Arts Museum: The Bilbao Fine Arts Museum houses more than 10,000 works, including paintings, sculptures, works on paper and applied arts covering the years from the 13th century to the present. It features an especially significant collection of paintings from Spanish and Flemish schools.
- Pagasarri: Get out of the city and explore the Pagasarri (meaning "thick forest of beech"), one of the two small mountain ranges that encloses Bilbao.
- Doña Casilda Iturrizar Park: This public park in Bilbao is a delightful, century-old English-style garden renowned for its perfectly preserved collection of old trees.
Image: Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao, by Jean-Pierre Dalbéra