Home > Malaysia > Langkawi Airport
About Nova Car Hire
Choose car hire from Nova Car Hire and you get all the benefits of working with an online car hire broker with 16 years in the business. Avail of the cut-price deals we secure from our network of more than 500 quality car hire providers and join 1.5 million satisfied Nova Car Hire customers.
It's easy: Just enter a few simple travel details and we will give you an instant car hire quote based on the best available rate at your choice of 26,000 locations. You can book online straightaway or contact us by phone or email - either way, it's the no-hassle route to cheap, dependable car hire.
About Car Hire at Langkawi Airport, Malaysia
Langkawi International Airport is located on the duty-free island of Langkawi in the state of Kedah in Malaysia. Situated at Padang Matsirat, it is about a 25-minute drive from the city centre, Kuah. It is about an hour’s flight from the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur. As well as a transport hub, Langkawi International Airport is a tourist magnet because it is home to the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA), a global aerospace event for the aviation industry, which also stages aeronautical performances for the public.
6 Tips for Driving in Malaysia
- Drive on the left and overtake on the right.
- Keep your driving licence with you at all times.
- The legal blood/alcohol limit in Malaysia is 0.8g per litre.
- Front seat belts must be worn at all times.
- The maximum speed limit is on the expressway is 110 Km/h, with the limit reduced to 90 Km/h in mountainous areas and near urban centres.
- All expressways are tolled. Tolls can be paid in cash or with a Touch 'n' Go card.
Images: Langkawi beach by Adrienne Massanari & Burau Bay, Langkawi, by dmytrok