Rent a car at Faro Airport and you decide where and when you want to travel. Whether you plan to loung on a beach or meet a colleague, Faro car hire allows you to be wherever you want to be at a time of your choosing.
About Nova Car Hire
An online car hire broker with 16 years experience in the industry, Nova Car Hire has been searching out the best car rental packages for its customers since 1997. In that time, we have developed lasting relationships with hundreds of stellar car hire providers worldwide, from Alamo to Sixt and a host of smaller, local businesses.
Wherever you want to rent a car, tell us when you need it, and we will deliver in an instant quote, which you can book online straightaway. There is no messy paperwork involved, and if you have any queries you can contact us by phone or email, and we will sort them out for you.
About Faro Airport Car Rental
Faro Airport is located 4 km west of Faro city in the heart of the popular Algarve region of Portugal. Refer to your Nova Car Hire booking confirmation document to check the opening times for the car rental provider that Nova has found for you. Once you land, make your way to the public area of the Arrivals Hall, where staff at the car rental company will direct you to your rental car. Collect your hire car from Faro Airport and you're within easy reach of Faro city and the many local resorts via the N-125 motorway. In fact, resorts such as Alvor, Albufeira, Vilamoura, Lagos, and Praia da Rocha are all within an hour's drive of Faro Airport in your rental car.
Read more about the hidden gems of the Portuguese coast with top resorts with our guide to Portugal - The Lesser-Known Sights of the Algarve.
Where to drop off your car rental in Faro Airport
Refer to your car hire provider for details of where to drop your rental car off. There are return points both within Faro Airport and outside it, so make sure you know which has been assigned to you. There are full drop-off details in your Nova Car Hire quotation.
If you have any questions relating your rental car at Faro Airport, do not hesitate to contact us.
Tips on Driving in the Algarve
• Drive on the right.
• For driving emergencies, call 112.
• Speed limits range from 50kmh in built-up areas, 90kmh on general roads, and 120kmh on motorways.
• Driving documents must be kept in the vehiclerelating to the car and its Insurance must be kept in the vehicle.
• Police can impose on-the-spot traffic fines.
• Front and rear seat belts must be worn at all times.
• Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the front seat and must use appropriate child restraints in the rear.
• At the junction of two roads of equal importance, traffic coming from the right has priority unless otherwise indicated.
• It is prohibited to park on the side of any road facing the oncoming traffic.
• Vehicles must carry warning triangle sign and a reflective vest.
• Mobile phones are banned while driving.
• Speed limits are enforced by radar traps, cameras, and unmarked police cars.
• The blood/alcohol limit of no more than 0.05 percent is strictly enforced.