Home > France > Bergerac Airport
About Nova Car Hire
Established in 1997, Nova Car Hire has built a stellar reputation on its ability to secure steeply discounted rates on quality car rental for its 1.5 million customers. We deal only with the most reputable suppliers, negotiating great rates with more than 500 of them, so you can be assured of a cheap rate on a modern, well-maintained vehicle at your choice of 26,000 destinations.
Get a quote today - it's really easy! Simply enter a few simple details in the search box on the left, and we will return an instant quote based on the best rates available. You can book immediately online, and if you have any queries, simply email us or give one of our experienced customer service representatives a call.
About Car Hire at Bergerac Airport
Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (also known as Bergerac-Roumanière Airport) is 6km south-southeast of Bergerac, France off the N21 national road. It is the most convenient airport for those travelling to the Dordogne department in the Aquitane region of France. The Dordogne represents the ideal image of the French countryside - a pastoral, rolling landscape of pretty towns and chateaux. More familiar to the French as Périgord, the Dordogne is famous for its foie gras and the black truffle.
Car Hire in the Dordogne - Places to See
- Périgueux: A delightful old Roman town, with superb open-air food markets.
- Sorges: A half-hour drive north of Périgueux by rental car, you will find the Dordogne’s self-proclaimed truffle capital.
- Brantôme: This incredibly pretty village a half-hour west of Sorges has been dubbed the “Venice of Périgord.”
- Sarlat-la-Canéda: Take a stroll from the cathedral on place du Peyrou along rue de la Liberté to the elegant central square, place de la Liberté, flanked by graceful mansions, the town hall and cafe terraces.
- Grotte de Lascaux: A replica of the cave discovered by teenage boys in 1940 (the original had to be closed due to the proliferation of algae), this is a monumental work of prehistoric art.
Image: Bergerac - Gabarre sur la Dordogne by pays bergerac