Collection and use of your information
- We collect general information about each individual visitor’s experience of our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your Internet Protocol address, operating system and browser type, referring pages, pages visited and time spent on the site, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns. Individuals cannot be identified by this information and we use it, like cookies (see below) to improve the performance, design and layout of the site, and to offer our customers the type of content and products they want.
- We may also collect information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of making an enquiry, requesting further services or subscribing to any newsletters. In particular, where you are requested to submit your personal details, you may submit your name, email, company details, telephone, address and other comments. We retain this information to deal with the query or comment that you have submitted to us.
- If you contact us or report a problem with our site, we may keep a record of that correspondence to enable us to deal with the issues raised and for requisite record purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders to carry out our obligations arising from the same.
Our website uses several analytical cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our site, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our user experience.
Where we store information collected
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, please note we do not save or store credit card details on our system. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. As you will know, the transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. As such we cannot guarantee the security of your information; we will use strict procedures and security to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses of information for marketing purposes
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these via email.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to the Data Protection Champion Nova Car Hire, Mobacar House, Muckross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Nova or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
Access to or rectification of your information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can also request that we rectify or erase any information that we hold about you, if that information is incorrect. You can obtain information about yourself, or request a rectification or erasure, by writing to the Data Protection Champion Nova, Mobacar House, Muckross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement, or the security practices of this site, you can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing us at the address above. Please mark correspondence "For the Attention of Data Protection Champion".